5 Ways to Keep Guests Comfortable at an Outdoor Wedding Venue
Chandler’s Gardens offers 250 acres of outdoor beauty for your wedding. However, sometimes hosting a wedding in the great outdoors can come with some special issues. How does one ensure that their invited guests will be comfortable and enjoy the outdoor setting? Here are some tips to help guests relax and revel in nature during your big day!
- Give Plenty of Notice – One thing a lot of people don’t care for are surprises, so make sure you mention the outdoor ceremony and/or reception on your invites. This way, people can dress appropriately for the weather.
- Bug Off! – With outdoor events eventually comes bugs. Mosquitos, gnats, bees, and their ilk are all just a part of nature. This doesn’t mean you have to happily share your day with them. Plan ahead with citronella candles or make bug-spray readily available.
- Keep Cool – Texas days can get HOT, we all know this. Make sure you provide water for your guests and other ways for them to seek a cool spot. Perhaps have the ceremony within the shade of a tree or make your programs pull double duty as fans.
- Sun’s Out – If you’re going to be in the sun, it helps to provide sunscreen for your guests as well. Put it next to the bug spray and win points for “Most Prepared Couple”.
- Back-Up Plan –This is a MUST. If it rains, you need to have a solid back up plan. Even if you’ve dreamed of an outdoor wedding since you were little, not having a backup plan in case of inclement weather can be disastrous. It’s important on any wedding day to roll with the punches, plan ahead, and always keep your guest’s comfort and happiness in mind. Yes, it’s your day, but these are your treasured friends and family. They will be thankful that you kept their needs so much at the forefront of your planning. If you need any assistance at all with pulling together the ultimate outdoor event, Chandler’s Gardens is happy to jump in and assist with all of your planning needs, from beginning to end.